Devon, Pa. – Sept. 30, 2022 – CDI exhibitors were eager to start their first full day of competition on Friday, Sept. 30, at Dressage at Devon. Ahead of the highly anticipated CDI3* Grand Prix and CDI-W Grand Prix set to kick off in the evening at the venue, the CDI3* Prix St. Georges class, presented by Buckeye Nutrition, held in the Wheeler Ring saw a competitive field of international athletes to start the morning. Ultimately, it was the United States’ Erin Bonneville who took the top honors with Qennett HTF.
With The Chigwell Memorial Perpetual Trophy and prizes from Buckeye Nutrition up for grabs in the CDI3* Prx St. Georges class, Silva Martin first entered the arena with Esperanto, a 13-year-old KWPN gelding owned by Christine Capano. The pair set the standard with a score of 69.363%, earning consistent marks of 7 across the board for many of the technical movements such as the half-passes, extensions, and tempi changes, she was able to secure the top placing on the leaderboard until Erin Bonneville and Qennett HTF, her own 8-year-old Hanoverian gelding, stepped in the ring. The combination also earned high marks in many technical movements, earning a score of 8 for one of their half pirouettes and 7.5 for several of their tempi changes and counter canters. The additional movement marks and collective marks were enough to edge them ahead of Martin and Esperanto, where they remained for the rest of the order to take home the victory.
Martin and Esperanto finished with the second place ribbon and their score of 69.363%. Canada’s Christian Garweg finished in third place on Excalibur RS, a 13-year-old Danish Warmblood gelding owned by Karen Meyer, with a score of 66.961%.
In the CDI1* Prix St. Georges class, presented by Precise Buildings, it was Shannon Dueck and Angelika MW, her 7-year-old Oldenburg mare, that took The Lufthansa Trophy home with an overall combined score of 71.471%. Second in the winners circle was Mary Lauritsen and Jaccardo, an 8-year-old KWPN gelding owned by Victoria Lunt, with a combined score of 69.510%. In third was Shannon Dueck once again, this time on As You Wish, her 10-year-old Hanoverian gelding with a score of 69.265%.
In the CDI Prix St. Georges for Adult Amateurs, presented by WinterHorse, Meghan Richards and Kingstown, her 7-year-old KWPN gelding, took home the the McGinty Trophy and first place with a score of 76.206%. In second with a score of 66.471% was Emily O’Neill and Funky-Boy, a 12-year-old KWPN gelding, owned by Lynn Rzonca. Rounding out the winners circle was Christina Morin-Graham and Mondlicht, her 12-year-old Oldenburg mare, with a score of 63.578%.
FROM THE WINNERS CIRCLE
Erin Bonneville – CDI3* Prix St. Georges, presented by Buckeye Nutrition, winner
On Qennett HTF:
“I got him when he was a baby from Hilltop Farm, and I’ve had him ever since. We worked him up the levels, he debuted last year at Third Level, and this year he came out at Prix St. Georges We have been working with Michael Bragdell who rides Qredit Hilltop, who is Qennett’s dad. He is here at this show with his sire, and he should be a nice horse.
“He did Nationals last year, and he did well. We came in the middle of the pack. It was his first show season, he just showed Third Level last year, and this year he did Prix St. Georges, Intermediate I and we wiggled in a Freestyle too.”
On her win:
“It feels so good, I’ve never won anything at a big show like this. We’ve done local shows and stuff but not a big show.”
On Dressage at Devon:
“I had a horse I brought up and showed in the Small Tour but we didn’t do very well, but we were still here! I just think its cool, it’s a show that has been around forever and it’s always a show you want to do. That was our goal this year. It’s so much fun and it’s a great atmosphere. We are doing the Intermediate I tomorrow and the Freestyle. I owe all this to Michael Bragdell and his help, he really helped get him from the level he was at to the level he is now.”
FEI Prix St. Georges CDI3*
Rider / Country / Horse / Owner / Score
1. Erin Bonneville / USA / Qennett HTF / 69.706
2. Silva Martin / USA / Esperanto / 69.363
3. Christian Garweg / CAN / Excalibur RS / 66.961
4. Leah Tenney / USA / Enghavegaard’s Tebaldi / 66.617
5. Lauren Chumley / USA / Santa Barbara Dash / 66.176
6. Lauren Annett / USA / Chilkoot W-S / 65.294
7. Katherine Abrams / USA / Reina / 64.706
8. Allison Kavey / USA / Hortelano LXXXV / 62.255
FEI Prix St. Georges CDI1*
Rider / Horse / Owner / Score
1. Shannon Dueck / Angelika MW / Shannon Dueck / 71.471%
2. Mary Lauritsen / Jaccardo / Victoria Lunt / 69.510%
3. Shannon Dueck / As You Wish / Shannon Dueck / 69.265%
4. Abbey Simbrow / Estor / Abbey Simbrow & Susan Bresler / 67.010%
5. Vanessa Creech-Terauds / Daniel L / Louise Leatherdale / 65.882%
6. Tina M. Konyot / J Everdale / Earle I. Mack LLC / 65.588%
7. Alexandra Schmidt / Balthasar / Alexandra Schmidt / 65.000%
8. Jaime Dancer / Supremont / EG Sporthorses LLC / 64.657%
9. Molly Maloney / Sao Tome MF / Molly Maloney / 64.461%
10. Emily Donaldson / Beaujolais 75 / Emily Donaldson / 62.010%
FEI Prix St. Georges CDIAm
Rider / Horse / Owner / Score
1. Meghan Richards / Kingstown / Meghan Richards / 76.206%
2. Emily O’Neill / Funky-Boy / Lynn Rzonca / 66.471%
3. Christina Morin-Graham / Mondlicht / Christina Morin-Graham / 63.578%
4. Lisa Valone / Iggi Pop / Lisa Valone / 62.794%
5. Lyndsey Bailey / Kasparov Toja / Lyndsey Bailey / 58.824%
6. Kathryn Mills / Fabiano / Kathryn Mills / 58.294%
7. Jennifer Bateman / Bulgari CF / Kimberly Kobryn-Callaway / 58.235%
8. Amy Desautels / Surreal CFF / Amy Desautels / 57.696%
9. Dana Nause / Dhelmonico / Dana Nause / 56.666%
10. Victoria Kager / Sage Advice / Victoria Kager / 55.147%